Hospitality, tourism and recreation are among the hardest hit industries during lockdown. These businesses are often large employers and are at increased risk of letting employees go as the lockdown protracts. They have also been continuously impacted by restrictions in one form or another since the pandemic started in March 2020. This expansion of the JobSaver scheme is expected to support more than 10,000 jobs.
What does JobSaver provide?
Payments of 40% of weekly payroll cost incurred prior to the 26 June 2021 lockdown up to a maximum weekly payment per group of:
• $300,000 for eligible businesses with aggregated annual turnover over $250m and up to $500m.
• $500,000 for eligible businesses with aggregated annual turnover over $500m and up to $1b Payments to be made fortnightly.
Business eligibility requirements
• Have an ABN and operate in NSW
• Aggregated annual turnover of more than $250m up to $1b
• Businesses must maintain employee headcount from the start of the month in which they experienced the required decline in turnover while they continue to receive JobSaver payments
Due to public health orders, a turnover decline of at least:
• 50% for businesses with aggregated annual turnover over $250m and up to $500m
• 70% for businesses with aggregated annual turnover over $500m and up to $1b
Must be a hospitality, tourism or recreation business, as outlined in the JobSaver Program Guidelines.
What period of the lockdown does it cover?
Fortnightly payments will be backdated to the start of the fortnight in which the business can demonstrate the required decline in turnover.
Payments to commence upon approval of the application.
Visit Service NSW for more information including a full list of supporting documents you must provide as part of your application.
Applications open on 26 August 2021. Visit Service NSW to apply.
If you require any assistance please contact us.